The Right Time to Redesign Website and Quick Tips for Website Design
The Right Time to Redesign Website
If you have a website, chances are you often finding whether it is the right time to do a total redesign of the layout of your website? Here are some points to consider right time to redesign website:
- Are you thinking of a redesign just for the sake of it? If you answered yes to that question, it is not yet the right time to do a redesign. Remember, a design serves a specific purpose. If you are not sure whether to do an overhaul of your site, keep in mind that your current design might have a specific purpose that you might not know about. You will lose that function if you do a redesign.
- On the other hand redesign website, if your website has had the same website design since 1990, perhaps it is high time to do a redesign. The last thing you would ever want to happen to your site is when visitors leave your site without taking a look at your content just because the design is old fashioned. If this is your case, here are some points to ponder before doing a redesign.
- Redesigning your website is like performing plastic surgery on it. Your website loses its current identity (for the better or worse) and your regular visitors might not recognize your new design at first glance. You risk losing them just because they thought they landed on the wrong page. Hence, it is very important that you retain a characteristic feature from your old layout. Perhaps it is the logo of your site; perhaps it is the same text style for the title for your site.
To play it safe, put a poll on your site to let your visitors do the talking. If they think it is necessary for the website to have a fresh look, give it to them!
Quick Tips for Website Design
When it comes to website design best practices, planning is the most important thing to consider. This is the only way to building an excellent website, and doing it in the least amount of time. The process of making a web site can still be made faster by using some sort of web building tool.
The first thing quick tips for website design, you have to do is making a sketch on paper of the future website design. It is very useful to get a straight picture of the look and feel of your homepage, as well as the navigation or flow chart of the various pages of your entire website. A website is basically a pyramid with the homepage only being the top of it. Your visitors will navigate from your homepage to your 2nd tier pages and from there to the 3rd tier pages. At first, you will only build your homepage and the 2nd tier pages.
There are a few techniques that can help you build a website very quickly and avoid unwanted problems that can occur when you least expect it.
- The Creative 2Fun says tips for website design that the only thing you must do is plan one page, meaning your homepage, and then all the other 2nd and 3rd level pages can be simply cloned. Using this perfect page as a template, you can build the other ones, though filling them with different contents.
- Web Design is not so simple a task, as it requires the fulfillment of all the needs a possible visitor may have. There are also the needs of the search engines to take care of. A website must get the visitor to the page where he can make a purchase, and this all in one single mouse click. Such a website should get the name and email address of the visitor, which is actually more important than selling a product to your visitor.
- The website design must be optimized for the search engines and the best way to do that is by using articles that you write about your business, combined with SEO web design principles. This will most likely attract a lot of free, targeted traffic on your website.
- Another website design important thing to do is not only get the visitors name and email address, but also leads the visitor along a particular path to get the visitor to take a certain action, that is to make a purchase.